Lara, Thanks for all this good work! Good stuff here. Thankfully Abu Rideh got travel papers today - since yesterday he attempted suicide - which partly accounted for my foul foul foul mood... it's just so tragic how these things are allowed to happen. In any case - he was tortured first in Israel, he has had problems since then. He's lost his family, it's a horrific mess, and the best we can do now is pray for him a lot.. a really lot.
I'm not sure the kangaroo courts are Obama's personal doings - but I do believe that if he truly wanted to stop it, he could. After all, Bush pulled rank all the time. I don't like Obama and never did. I don't trust any of those people - most especially not when it comes to the detainee issues. In fact, arrests of Muslims aren't slowing down a single bit. One brother I know is actually going for an appeal - his original case is based on - well.. it's a long story but I'd be more than happy to tell it. Lets just say his case is based on nothing. Some political cartoons, something they say they found on a CD (they did that to James Yee, too) and the fact that they have no idea about Arabic names - so they say he used numerous names. I would laugh at this point - because it is truly hilarious - except that he's stuck in the CMU at Terre Haute and well.. it's not funny. However I have worse political cartoons and photos and films on my own hard drive. Anyway he's going for an appeal, it was filed friday before last - so God willing, if Obama is serious, this man will be freed (insha'allah!)... and I hope he is! They are also going after Muslim charity workers (like Enaam Arnaout) but then again I'm probably going on too much about this. It's a huge huge issue - and at the core of the damage that bush did. As you said, if Obama truly wants to fix it - and I don't think he does - in fact, it's abundantly clear that he does not - considering that he is actually revamping Pul-i-Charkhi prison in Afghanistan because Bagram is not big enough!! That translates to: men are still being arrested and rendered to Afghanistan. BTW Pul-i-Charkhi is Afghanistan's Abu Ghraib, and was allegedly put back in Afghan hands two years ago. Oops. I guess they forgot that we kind of knew that. They depend on collective amnesia. You probably also know that Sr. Aafia Siddiqui was held (and tortured) at Bagram - in Afghanistan for years prior to them (oops) suddenly finding her. As far as the POW - not sure if I said this but I watched the original (long version) of the video and it seemed clear to me that he was not kidnapped - and he went willingly - and if so I truly admire him!! He had a lot of good to say in the video and seemed completely comfortable, healthy, clean... etc. Anyway the right wing pundits are going nuts over it. The military is (I suspect) extremely embarrased and it should be interesting to see how this plays out. I just don't want him to wind up in the supermax with poor John Walker Lindh! As far as Nick Berk, I am with you on that, no way he was beheaded by "insurgents" or "terrorists" or whatever word is in vogue at the moment. In fact, that video has already been debunked ten times til sunday. ;-) As far as television news: I never ever watch it, wouldn't, even if I had the time. It's trash, it's zionist corporate trash and - ugh - I have enough trouble talking to my own father who does watch it. I wish television news was like it was during Vietnam - at least then they reported some news. You said: Everything that is happening in the middle east, G.W.Bush started this messed with the help of the Zionists and Israel and many of the so called leaders of Islam have been bought out or killed in order for this to happen and the ones that hasn't been bought off have came up dead for seeking the truth. Well, actually that's not true. Bush really pushed it - and made everything worse, but the US has had it's hand in the ME for a long time. He made it much much worse, but my real question for you is... who are these "So-Called Leaders of Islam"? Curious. As far as having children - so do I. I'm now raising my two grandchildren. Yes they are our future. I'm also in the US. I'm in Oregon, you? :-) As far as the mass graves thing - I once researched that - hence my statement. I suppose I should have been more diplomatic. Again, I was in a very foul mood after the self-harming by Mahmoud Abu Rideh. I was pretty much useless after that. Apologies to you. Peace Linda Lara Ancientwarrior67777 wrote: > > > Linda wrote these are important issues as I agree, but so are some > other issues too. My reply are in blue.. > > John Yoo is being sued by Jose Padilla - US taxpayers are footing the > bill for the lawyer for Yoo and we must speak out - and see to it that > the trial has public attention. > > Well lets see John Yoo was a deputy assistant attorney general at the > Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel from 2001 to 2003. A 1992 > graduate of Yale Law School, Yoo joined the Federalist Society, a > national group of conservative and libertarian lawyers, while still a > student. > > He clerked for U.S. Appeals Court Judge Lawrence H. Silberman, a > federal judge much admired by the right, and then for U.S. Supreme > Court Justice Clarence Thomas. An expert in war powers, Yoo was the > principal author of Justice Department memos giving President Bush > extraordinary power to prosecute the global war on terror, ignoring > the Geneva Conventions regarding captured terrorist suspects and > placing a high bar on what constitutes torture. > > He tells FRONT LINE that the logic behind these decisions flowed from > two basic questions about the 9/11 attacks: Was the U.S. at war? And > should Al Qaeda be treated the same as a nation-state? Now a law > professor at the University of California, Berkeley, Yoo defends his > controversial advice: "The one thing I think we don't want is for the > government to be hamstrung in the way it interrogates people who have > knowledge of pending attacks on the United States because we have so > much disagreement about what those phrases mean that we can't do > anything. > > So I think it's important that the government do figure out what that > language means and how to apply it, rather than operating [in] this > sort of vague fog of uncertainty." In October 2005, Yoo published a > book, /The Powers of War and Peace: The Constitution and Foreign > Affairs After 9/11/. This is the edited transcript of an interview > conducted on July 19, 2005. > > http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/torture/interviews/yoo.html > > Guantanamo "military commissions' are back on! (kangaroo courts) and > we MUST speak out against them - there are numerous actions, including > CCR and ACLU etc. > > And whose fault is it for this to come back ? OBAMA of coarse. if he > wouldn't have did as he told many of his voting supporters we wouldn't > have this issues... > > Abu Rideh who is under control orders in the UK just attempted SUICIDE > which is HORRIBLE and he needs our support. > > Here is a Petition one way to support him > *Free Mahmoud Abu Rideh* > http://www.petitiononline.com/aburideh/petition.html > > Enaam Arnaout and other detainees desperately need our support. > Here is a website for the detainees > freedetainees.org <http://freedetainees.org/> > http://freedetainees.org/enaam-arnaout > > A bunch of soldiers who are refusing to re-deploy in Afghanistan need > our support > http://www.patriotpost.us/ > Oath Keepers > http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/2009/06/sheriff-leroy-baca-advocates-that-he.html > > Children are being abused, raped, murdered in detention centers in > Iraq AND in Palestine - and we MUST put pressure on them to stop this. > http://freedetainees.org/3115 > http://www.uniraq.org/documents/HR%20Report%20July%20August%202006%20EN.pdf > > Gaza is under siege - worse than ever - and they need our attention - > and we need to publicize that. > http://www.pchrgaza.org/files/campaigns/english/gaza_closure/Narratives.html > > In Afghanistan there is a soldier who is ALLEGEDLY a POW but obviously > - I watched the ORIGINAL video a few days ago.. left to stand with the > resistance.. and now FAUX & co are trying to slam the heck out of him > which will actually hurt the anti-war cause - and we need to be aware > and spread that news around. > > In Afghanistan there is a soldier who is ALLEGEDLY a POW. > http://www.startribune.com/world/49686767.html?elr=KArks:DCiUBcy7hUiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUr > > He was captured and the ones who caught him was Obama buddies, > because this is the same kinda of story they USA government did to > make Americans support the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.. Remember the > dude whose head was decapitated when he was wearing an orange suit..? > well if some Americans were smart they realize the detainees in Iraq > was wearing orange suits too, so truthfully why was the American dude > wearing one? because it was Bush's Mercenaries who killed him. > > The same people who kidnapped this young soldier as well. Except now > its Obamas mercenaries who are doing the crime. Plus Linda , anyone > who watches FOX news will never get a straight story from the Zionists > news..... Although CNN is no different either... > > Instead there are these ridiculous claims about mass graves that have > been circulating the web for ages. > > ridiculous claims about mass graves ? why cause FOX NEWS is not > reporting it ? How do you know, ? do you think USA News which is > controlled by ZIONISTS will tell the public about this? think of this > beginning of the school year 2009 millions of school children will > have to take a Swine flu vaccine. can you imagine how many children > will die or the elderly and people whose immune system will not be > able to fight off the vaccines,which was not tested. this is because > the American children and the elderly will be the lab rats and plus > the companies who made this vaccine will not be able to be sued by the > family members who lost their love ones. > > It might be a theory to you Linda, but many theories at times do > become real. > http://current.com/items/89941496_plans-for-mass-graves-confirmed-goverment-surveying-cemetary-readiness-for-flu-outbreak.htm > > Do you know the story of the 1918 " theory " of the Flu Pandemic ? > Guess what it came true , did you know it has killed more people then > WW1? It killed between 20 to 40 million people. > http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/ > > Do you think the NEWS are going to report how many people will die > from this vaccine ? no they will make it go hush hush really silently > and the some American people are going to be to stupid to even care or > understand why these people died.Because the News Media will tell > another lie based on what the truth is about. > > So in truth, since I live in USA and I do have children. It is > important to me to know what my screwed up Zionists FEMA, CIA govt is > going to do here, since the children are our future and it needs to be > addressed as well. > > Everything that is happening in the middle east, G.W.Bush started this > messed with the help of the Zionists and Israel and many of the so > called leaders of Islam have been bought out or killed in order for > this to happen and the ones that hasn't been bought off have came up > dead for seeking the truth. > > Peace to you > > Lara > > > > > > > > > / / > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > > > -- Linda *http://freedetainees.org <http://freedetainees.org/> "If we shadows have offended, Think but this, and all is mended, That you have but slumber'd here While these visions did appear..." - William Shakespeare * --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bangla-vision" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
