Actually not quite true. You'd need to be very smart to be able to do that.

On 10/21/2009 01:59 PM, Dhananjay Nene wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves<law...@au-kbc.org>wrote:

 On Tuesday 20 Oct 2009 5:28:52 pm Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
 >  On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Baiju M<mba...@zeomega.com>  wrote:
 >  >  Hi,
 >  >     I hope this link would be useful for some newly joined
 >  >  members:
 >  >  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
 >
 >  This helped me when I first ventured into mailing lists and IRC

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html<http://catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

 here are the guidelines for ilugc:
 http://demo.ilugc.org.in/report/4/

I have a feeling, far out in the future when driving on either side of the
road will be just as convenient,
we shall still continue to see ex traffic wardens attempting to enforce
drive on the left or drive on the
right rules simply because thats the way things are done over here - quite
oblivious to the fact that the
rest of the world really doesn't care a whiff. I sometimes do wonder why it
counts for so much - I mean
I can read top / bottom / interleaved posts with adequate comfort without
having to bother to pause to
wonder what style of post it is. The best rules are those which are never
imposed :)

Could you figure out from my top post above the *context* in which I made the remark ? Was my comment about the driving rules or the posting style ?

The whole *point* about interleaved posting is knowing the *context* of the replies. Rules /evolved/ for a reason.

If that doesn't make things clear, I can't imagine what would.

cheers,
- steve

--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/