On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 6:52 AM, sreedhar ambati
<ambatisreed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to Python.
> I am from PHP,Microsoft .net background.
> Can you tell me the real power behind Python language?
> What kind of applications we can develop?
> Please quote some real time projects where industries are using Python

Actually, an even more interesting question should be what you cannot
do with python.

Python is a general purpose language which can do everything from
desktop apps, web apps, scientific and statical apps, automation,
shell scripting, data analysis,
and even assembly level programming [1]

Python runs on everything from a 8 bit processor[2] to a supercomputer.

You might have heard about this site called Youtube.com where apparently
you can watch cats playing piano. It is written in Python.

[1] corepy.com
[2] I'm currently have one on my desk.