On Wed, Dec 01 2010, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

[...]

> 'No self respecting developer could function without having read the
> refactoring book'.

[...]

If that's his tone of voice and his attitude, I'd pigeonhole him as a
zealot and ignore him. Given Fowlers reputation, I'm sure it's a good
book (I haven't read it myself) but an almost religious attachment to a
technology, practice or language is usually, in most people, a bad sign.

On a semi-related note, the agile movement in general has fostered a
semi-cult around it from what I've seen. I like most of what the
movement is about and try to follow it but when someone gets all
religious about it, I prefer being the contrarian.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in