On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 11:48 +0530, Ramdas S wrote:
> Kenneth as I understand is *offering nothing free*. He is charging*
> 25,000*for mentoring someone to be a Django/Python developer spending
> his personal
> time, energy and sharing his vast experience. He says exercise would
> take
> 1-3  months. Personally I feel he's charging low, but I am sure he has
> his
> economics right!

Introductory offer

> It *does not in anyway make it a community* effort.  Kenneth  or
> anyone in
> this list has any such notion, or even making any such claims. I am
> not able
> to understand where you formed such an opinion that we are passing
> this off
> as a community effort. No we are not, and as far as I see there's
> *commercial
> in square brackets* in the subject of the mail.

and to set the record straight, I have conducted innumerable workshops
in python/django (and a whole raft of other topics), usually free,
sometimes with accommodation and food provided, at other times even with
travel provided and at other times entirely at my own expense. And have
mentored very many people (totally free), and none of those people are
walking around bare footed. From all this I have learned three things:

1. Quality training is takes up a lot of time and effort - no one can
afford to do this free.

2. Unfortunately in our country very few people appreciate things that
are free - and even fewer people really make much effort when doing
something for free. At the most they will put up a few slides they have
shown somewhere else, demo a few things and answer a few questions.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves