On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com> wrote:
> On 1 August 2012 20:18, Deepak Garg <deepakgarg.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Diaspora is  AGPL (version 3), some parts dual-licensed under MIT License
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaspora_(software)
>
> Erm, you are the second person to suggest that, but Diaspora
> is RoR. A better bet might be Pinax ( http://pinaxproject.com/ )
> if one wants to stick to Python.

-1

I don't think we should be so religious about using Python. After all
programming languages are tools to get job done.

Remember that Diaspora was developed by a bunch of very smart chaps
over couple of years and it was able to raise $200K of funds on
kickstarter. It would take equal amount of efforts (or even more) and
resources to start building something from scratch again.

Rejecting an already available opensource project, even before
considering its merits, just because it is not written in your
favorite programming language is not a good idea.

Anand