On 2014-08-19 11:11, Sriram Narayanan wrote:

Hi Noufal, could you elaborate on this? I have enjoyed the freedom of
non-static typing that Python and Ruby offer, but also sometimes miss the
static type checking that C# and Java offer.

Yes. I like the freedom and they're great for prototyping.

When things get large with a lot of moving parts, you need to write elaborate tests at every layer to validate the whole thing and even then, things slip through. I've also felt that the freedom encourages a kind of loose thinking that I have to guard against.

This is completely subjective though and based mostly on vague feelings that have accumulated inside my head over my career trying to tame these computer creatures.