Python does not have the push that Java and .Net has from the corporate
world.  Java and .Net/C# has strong ecosystem of tools too. And
surprisingly PHP in open source world got a good adoption by being at the
right time for a specific solution. So, in India we see PHP, Java and .Net
as primary platform for developers.

But the good news is, if an individual developer becomes very strong in
Python, he is creating a value for himself. Given that world is moving to
multiple language shops and almost all companies will use more than one
language in their offerings, having python knowledge is definitely going to
help anyone get hired.

>From my experience at Akamai Bangalore, when we had to hire Java developers
for my team, we had 100s of resumes competing for single spot, but we
looked for "quality" python developers, there were very less < 10 (and all
of them known folks) who could easily land up in the role.

So, yeah there you go. Any developer will have edge by learning a language
like Python.