Hi,
As far as I know, nothing written in python should break. If you are
upgrading OS too, then you should be watchful as some of the c libraries
can introduce version conflicts.
We had faced such a problem with pyactivemq at our office. Pyactivemq
depends on activemq-cpp library which in turn depends on a few system
libraries. The problem was that the development of pyactivemq stagnated
while activemq-cpp moved on the version checks caused conflicts. If I used
a version of activemq-cpp that satisfies pyactivemq, activemq-cpp had
problems with system libraries as they too had moved on to newer versions.
IIRC, I solved it by changing the regex that looks for the versions.
Regards,
Abdul Muneer

Regards,
Abdul Muneer