Hi Venitha,

On 11/18/2014 08:28 PM, Vanitha Shanmugam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is regarding diversity group organized by PSSI.
>
> I have been actively volunteering for PyCon India from past 3 years and I
> see the female python developers participation getting reduced year by
> year. This was one of the concern PSSI had discussed during the AGM.
>
> PSSI has come up with the initiative, diversity, where we all female
> developers can share and discuss to see how we can improve the active
> participation from female developers. If we have any concerns/expectations,
> PSSI can help us the way they can.
>
> We have the mailing list (
> http://lists.pssi.org.in/mailman/listinfo/diversity) created. This mailing
> list only for female pythonistas and the archives are not public so the
> discussions are kept private.

It's really good to see you taking active steps. From what I've seen in
last 4 years, I'd say this was very much necessary.

This is a new movement for a lot of the people in our community. So to
anyone who's thinking that they don't get it or this is separating the
community and hence is bad, I'd like you to read this blog post[1] by
Hynek Schlawack and the section with the heading "Why Women Only?"
here[2]. Maybe it'll help.

Thanks,
Bibhas

[1]: