On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 12:29:22 AM UTC-5, christian.masopust wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> if I remember correctly (it's been also a very very long time), I had also
> lots
> of issues when building Bareos on Solaris 10 with gcc.
> Using free Solaris Studio solved all of these issues for me.
>
> br,
> christian

Yup.  Switching to

  "PATH=/opt/solstudio12.2/bin:/opt/csw/gnu:$PATH CC=cc CXX=CC ./configure"

built a version of bareos-fd that does *not* dump core every time a backup is
attempted.

Thanks for that tip.

Gcc (4.6.3) on sparc should still be able to build a working binary...  Of
course, it's an open question whether that's a bug in Bareos or a bug in GCC
:-(.

-Adam