On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 10:23:54 AM UTC-8, Joerg Steffens wrote:
> On 24.11.2016 at 02:52 wrote Ashley Stonham:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I realize that the 15.2 FD will still work but I was wondering if the
> > 16.2.2 client was going to be added to the downloads page?
> >
> > http://download.bareos.org/bareos/release/16.2/
> >
> > It is currently missing. Is this just an oversight or has support been
> > dropped?
>
> Bareos for MacOS is still on the TODO list. However, as there are no
> subscription customers requesting it, it don't have much priority.
>
> regards,
> Jörg
> --
>  Jörg Steffens                   joerg.steff...@bareos.com
>  Bareos GmbH & Co. KG            Phone: +49 221 630693-91
>  http://www.bareos.com           Fax:   +49 221 630693-10
>
>  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
>  Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
>  Geschäftsführer:
>  S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz

I am starting to roll out Bareos at our school district office and will be
backing up multiple Mac clients. (Using the "experimental" Mac file daemon).
The only problem I currently have is that if the file daemon quits (maybe
because Mac goes to sleep or some other issue), it won't restart properly.

The error message is "Working Directory: "/var/run/bareos/working" not found.
Cannot continue."

Apparently /var/runbareos/working gets removed and the file daemon does not try
to re-make it. Any suggestions? One workaround I have is to write a wrapper
script that creates the directory before the daemon is started, or maybe
specify a "WorkingDirectory" in the bareos-fd.conf file that would not be
subject to removal.