On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 1:09:49 PM UTC+1, Frank Bergkemper wrote:
> Am 27.02.2015 um 21:24 schrieb Martin E.:
> > Dear folks,
> >
> > let me send you a first "Hello" from Frankonia.
> >
> > I'd like to request a feature: Provide "Bareos" packages also for armhf, so
> > they can be used on a Raspberry Pi or similar wide-spreaded platforms.
> > I tried to compile it on a RaspBi, according to the HowTo, but it failed
> > every time (./configure was successful before)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Martin
> >

> Hey Martin,
>
> I made some unoffical Raspbian packages available, see
> http://raspbian.gnubits.de/ . But keep in mind, that these are for my
> personal use and not well tested, yet.
>
> Regards,
> Frank
>
> --
> Frank Bergkemper                           frank.bergkem...@dass-it.de
> dass IT GmbH                               Phone:  +49.221.3565666-94
> http://www.dass-IT.de/                     Fax  : +49.221.3565666-10
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRB52500
> GF: Stephan Dühr, Maik Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, Philipp Storz

Hi,
a am also very interested to use the bereos on the small devices such is
Raspberry PI and similar. The main idea is that, to use it as network storage
(PI + USB Disk) and install the bareos-storage daemon on it. Then we use the
cheap hardware with big capacity as second storage for testing bareos
migration/copy functionality.

Is there maybe a How-To document or brief instruction how to do that?