I just had a database where Bareos performed a Full backup, and then a
sysadmin nuked the whole database and repopulated/reslaved it.  the
result was that the LSN number was close enough (and higher) to be
accepted as valid when it was time to do the next incremental.

the chance of this happening again might be small, but it would be nice
if the plugin could discover this and promote the backup to full.  my
idea on how to discover this situation is to store the create_time for
the mysql.user table (or just about any other table in the mysql
database) in the restore object JSON and use that as an identifier for
this MySQL instance.

my questions are:

1) is it possible for the plugin to signal an upgrade of backup level?

2) do you think my heuristic will work?

3) is it acceptable to add a dependency on the Python MySQLdb module?
the code which uses echo | mysql | grep | cut is quite ugly, I don't
want to add another :-)

even if the answer to question 1 is "no", it will be better to return a
critical failure than to create an incremental backup which will be
useless.

--
Kjetil T. Homme
Redpill Linpro AS - Changing the game