On 16.11.18 at 07:06 wrote Otto Brandstaetter:
> Hi,
>
> I have a hdd of 8TB and did an initial backup using LTO4 tapes, which took
> nearly two days.
> Now I did an incremental backup and the last volume was marked errournos.
> What I do not understand and could not find any information:
> What about the data on this volume? Do I have to re-backup everything? Does
> bareos somehow write this to different volumes?

A volume is marked with "Error" if Bareos noticed problems with it. If
you are unlucky, the data on this volume will be lost. It is your
responsibility to cope with this error.
Often the data is still accessible and an error has occurred only at the
end of the tape, or it has been even only a temporary problem with your
tape drive.
You can try to access your volume by bls/bextract command line tools.
If you can access all data on the volume without problem you can
consider changing the status of the volume with Error to r.g. Used. Then
data will be read from the volume but no more data is written to the volume.

regards,
Jörg

PS: I think, this topic should belong to bareos-users instead of
bareos-devel.

--
 Jörg Steffens                   joerg.steff...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG            Phone: +49 221 630693-91

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
 Geschäftsführer:
 S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz