Hi,

I try to understand how Bareos uses the PKI Keypair on a client. The
docs suggest to create an RSA private key and a X509 certificate. What
is the certificate for? If I understand the code in
core/src/lib/crypto_openssl.cc correctly, only the public key is used
 to verify data. More precisely, I'd like to know if the following
scenario would work:

- Generate RSA private key K1, archive it.
- Create X509 certificate P1 using K1 as its private key.
- Set P1+K1 as PKI Keypair.
- Backup data via bareos.
- Create X509 certificate P2 using K1 as its private key.
- Set P2+K1 as PKI Keypair.
- Restore data via bareos.

Thank you