Hi all,

currently I'm playing around with Bareos 21.0.0 and python3-plugins to backup virtual files like git repositories that get packed using 'git bundle create …', saving the command's output.

Full backups work fine.

For incremental backups I check the repository mtimes against self.since and would like to skip this repo if nothing changed.

Unfortunately, returning bRC_Skip skips this repository as well as all remaining ones (i.e.: not calling start_backup_file for any of the remaining repos).

I worked around that by setting savepkt.type to FT_NOCHG, but I have an additional case where this won't work: I'm also backing up a mysql database using mysqldump (as virtual file as well) and I'd like to skip the dump file in case mysqldump is not found, which I guess would be the perfect use case for bRC_Skip. Meh.

In core/src/filed/fd_plugins.cc I saw that the function trigger_plugin_event returns a stop value of 'true' for bRC_Stop, bRC_Error and bRC_Skip, but not for bRC_Cancel. Is that correct? Shouldn't that function return 'true' on bRC_Cancel and not on bRC_Skip? Since this 'stop = true' line for bRC_Skip is there since 2016 I guess I'm missing something. Can anyone help me out, please?

Kind regards,

Philippe