> > > Which should use the localhost/socket connection.
> > >

> > I modified the config as you said.
> > The thing is now:
> > My the fd that is running on the machine where the dir runs is able to
> > backup, but every remote fd terminates with the same sql error :\
> >
> > greetings
> > Nico
>
> any other ideas?

you mean that when you do a status client client=remote-fd the console failed
with mysql error?
and not when doing status client=local-fd ???

Dude I'm happy to use a real database like postgresql then :-)))

But I'm still confident this is mostly a configuration trouble, somewhere
somewhat, but where and what depend of your changes.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

 openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot