Am 13.10.2016 um 17:58 schrieb Hosted Power:
[...]

> So I changed the mediatype to the same. I also set a next pool in the
> virtual pool. Is this required/useful?

Right, this is required.
An alternative approach is to "move" the volume to the vps52371 by the
bconsole update command: "update volume=NAME pool=vps52371"

> I read somewhere it could be a
> solution, but it didn't work (never tried with same media so far)
>

> The alwaysincremental looks very promising. I took a quick look and
> it says not suitable for longterm storage.

Yes, as the old Full get replaced by updated Full, you don't keep a long
history. To store jobs for a longer period, you have to follow
http://doc.bareos.org/master/html/bareos-manual-main-reference.html#LongTermStorageOfAlwaysIncrementalJobs

> I would only need 35 days.
> Would just one simple always incremental job suffice for 35 days to
> backup forever ?? :)

That would be one full and 34 incrementals. I guess that will work.

> What about my MySQL databases, will they just work as well forever?
> Of course they will be fully captured each time, but that is ok.

Always incremental only works on a file based level. So if you have full
dump files, it obviously works. Other setups might also be possible, but
require more effort.

--
 Jörg Steffens                   joerg.steff...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG            Phone: +49 221 630693-91

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
 Geschäftsführer:
 S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz