Hmmm.  Dang autocorrect.

I did not resolve this problem.  I honestly decided not to spend any more time
on it.  As I noted in my post, the workaround is to restore each of the backups
(full and each incremental since full) individually.  The Percona process
doesn’t change, so the only added effort is in doing multiple restores from
bconsole or the UI.  I don’t expect to have to restore very often and I do a
full backup weekly.  So worst case for me in the event of a system failure is
to run 7 restore commands from Bareos.  A bit of a pain, but the critical part
is that it works.

Dan