> 05-Jul 21:48 srvbkp-dir JobId 54311: Fatal error: Network error with FD
> during Backup: ERR=Connection reset by peer
> 05-Jul 21:48 srvbkp-dir JobId 54311: Error: Bareos srvbkp-dir 16.2.4
> (01Jul16):

I can confirm that the issue is with Client Run After Job such as:

  Run Script {
    Command = "wbadmin delete systemstatebackup -keepversions:0 -quiet"
    Runs When = before
    Fail Job On Error = No
  }

I commented out all the script like this and had no issues so far.
Obviously this is not a solution...

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with routers since I noticed it happens
even in the same network.

So to recap these are the conditions:
It doesn't happen with Linux clients but only Windows (2008R2 to 2012R2 tested)
Windows firewall on/off doesn't matter
Heartbeat interval does not help
It happens with "normal" mode, passive clients, and client initiated connections
It happens even if server and client are in the same network
It only happens if there is a "Client Run After Job" script
I tried updating vmware tools and nic drivers