I thought about doing that, since I'm also doing the standard every 15 minute snapshots that are aged off to hourly, daily, weekly, monthly,... but doing a special snap, for the backup, whenever it happened, was easier for me, than parsing out whatever the latest existing snap was whenever the backup happened.

Of course, one of the great things are the multiple ways of doing things in unix.

On 04/11/2018 01:32 AM, Oliver Weinmann wrote:
I create the snapshots on the storage system (daily,weekly,monthly,yearly etc.)
anyway, so I don't need to create them via bareos. Then I have a small bash
script that creates a bareos fileset config file where I can specifiy what
snapshots to backup. Works like a charm. :)

Oliver Weinmann
Head of Corporate ICT
Telespazio VEGA Deutschland GmbH
  Europaplatz 5 - 64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Ph: +49 (0)6151 8257 744 | Fax: +49 (0)6151 8257 799
oliver.weinm...@telespazio-vega.de
www.telespazio-vega.de
Registered office/Sitz: Darmstadt, Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt,
HRB 89231; Managing Director/Geschäftsführer: Sigmar Keller-----Original
Message-----
From: bareos-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:bareos-users@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of diamaunt
Sent: Dienstag, 10. April 2018 20:31
To: bareos-users <bareos-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [bareos-users] Re: Backup a ZFS dataset with bareos.

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 6:16:42 AM UTC-5, kune...@gmail.com wrote:
A question how best to save a ZFS snapshot about bareos?
The bareos client should create the snapshot for this and then save everything
and resolve the snapshot again after the data backup.
What I'm doing is to have a RunBeforeJob to create the snapshot, then I'm
backing up the snapshot itself (out of the .zfs/snapshot directory) then a
RunAfterJob to delete the snapshot.

I'm doing that with some database file systems.