On 06.04.2019 09:25, muravey.novosibi...@gmail.com wrote:
четверг, 30 ноября 2017 г., 11:27:43 UTC+7 пользователь oldt...@gmail.com
написал:
On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 6:18:40 AM UTC-5, Nikitin Artem wrote:
Hello.

I’m executing a sequence of commands in the Fileset resource (File = “ls –l
<some-dir> | awk ‘{print $NF}’ etc. . .). I need this, for getting the list of
files to backup .

The problem is, these commands is executing on Director, not Client.

How to execute them remotely (on FIledaemon’s host). Please help.
To run commands client-side, you can use "Client Run Before Job" or "Client Run After
Job". You can also look at "Run Script", although I've never used it. You can find them on (or
near) pages 70 and 80 of the manual, section 9.2.

You could then use this to run a script that creates a list of files and writes
to a file which you might call files.txt. You can then put something like this
in your FileSet:

File = "\\</home/user/files.txt"

See page 94 of the manual about the less-than sign: "<".

Hope this helps,
oldtechaa
Hello.
Yes, it's good idea. But in my backup system it's not working. "Before job" script and "after
job" script run on client normally and I get "Backup OK" after job execution, but backup size
is 0 bytes.
I start FD with "-d 100" and analyze debug log after backup job show that read FileSet
executing before "client run before job".
Please help!

P.S. Sorry for my English.

It's way too complicated. The most important thing for the original poster is this excerpt from the manual:

"If the vertical bar (|) in front of my_partitions is preceded by a backslash as in ∖|, the program will be executed on the Client’s machine instead of on the Director’s machine."

Of course you need to escape the backslash, so you'll probably end up with something like that (example from one of my configs):

FileSet {
    Name = "Local-offline-archives"
    Include {
        File = "\\| find /srv/archives -type f -not -path '*backup*' -ctime +365"       }
}