Hello,

> Am 06.05.2020 um 16:09 schrieb Andrew Leer <leean...@gmail.com>:
>
> I have systems on each of these subnets that I would like to back up with my
> BareOS-dir.
>
> Any idea how the Input, Output and Forward rules ought to be setup between
> subnets?

directions of communications can be changed in some ways by changing the
clients configuration. Normal flow is, that director connects the file daemon
to tell, what to save and to which destination. File daemon then connects the
destination and processes the backup.

Other possibilities are passive client, where all connections are opened by the
director and storage daemon to the file daemon or client initiated connections,
which does what the name says.

Which concept is the right one for you depends on your planned network and the
involved security level of the zones and where you place your backup server. If
your backup server resides in the most secure zone, it isn’t a good idea to
configure a client in the internet as opening the connections client initiated.

Cheers,
Andreas