Hi!

I have one bareos director. It is configured with a client
/etc/bareos/bareos-dir.d/client/mobilis-nobile-com-fd.conf:
Client {
  Name = mobilis-fd
  Address = mobilis.nobile.com
  Password = "ThaiWoo2zohvis3po3ooh6tahxai6ahPheib5qui"
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
}

On the client /etc/bareos/bareos-fd.d/client/myself.conf:
Client {
  Name = mobilis-fd
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
}

and /etc/bareos/bareos-fd.d/director/bareos-dir.conf:
Director {
  Name = mobilis-fd
  Password = "ThaiWoo2zohvis3po3ooh6tahxai6ahPheib5qui"
  Description = "Allow the configured Director to access this file daemon."
}

and last /etc/bareos/bareos-fd.d/director/bareos-mon.conf:
Director {
  Name = mobilis-dir
  Password = "ThaiWoo2zohvis3po3ooh6tahxai6ahPheib5qui"
  Monitor = yes
  Description = "Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
status of this file daemon."
}

Now when I try to connect to this file daemon by the director using
bconsole (on host running director):

# echo "status client=mobilis-fd" | bconsole Connecting to Director
localhost:9101 Encryption: PSK-AES256-CBC-SHA 1000 OK: backupdir-dir
Version: 18.2.8 (09 April 2020) official Bareos subscription binary Support
available on https://support.bareos.com You are connected using the default
console Enter a period to cancel a command. status client=mobilis-fd
Connecting to Client mobilis-fd at mobilis.nobile.com:9102 Failed to
connect to Client mobilis-fd.

Trying with nc:
# telnet mobilis.nobile.com 9102
Trying 10.177.18.24...
Connected to mobilis.nobile.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

�Connection closed by foreign host.

Seems ok. But why cant the director connect and start a backup?

--
Thomas