Additional observation:

I insert the required tape into the drive
-> the drive loads the tape

I start incremential backup job
-> the drive is moving the tape to end of data

Spooling datas starts
-> after some time, the drive rewinds the tape back to the cardridge
*(is there a drive idle and can I configure it?)*

Spooling is finished
-> the drive is moving the tape to end of data
-> despooling starts.

Any ideas to set the idle time of a tape drive?

Thanks and all the best, Frank