A few remarks:

- You shouldn't forget tmpfs is fundamentally a (virtual) memory-based file
system; its contents live in memory only, but since they’re swappable the
kernel can store them in swap instead of physical memory if necessary. So
what precaution you're using to ensure, there's no swap involved in that
case?

- The cpu usage you're seen by the sd look like the few seconds needed by
spool file attributes sent to the database.

- block size min 0 and normal set to 1M is good.

You didn't explain your numbers, is there all happening at the same time?
or sequentially.
Also you didn't explain from where the data come, network ? then what type
of, speed, hardware, family used and so on.
Did you let interleaving of job occurs on the same tape device?

You didn't precise what M/s is it right to assume MB/s?

So what is the speed of despooling only memory stored data with only one
job writing to the tape drive, is this constant job by job, during the
whole size of the tape.