Maybe your sentence is not enough clear: *"The same media is readable and
writeable by either drive from either library."*
To me it sound like the two autochanger are seen as one big library on the
system to 2 tapes drives and a lot of slots.

It they are not, then you will have to play with media type so have LTO-8a
LTO-8b to make them unique (storage/mediatype) and as such Bareos will not
get confused.
Of course that mean also you will have always export and reimport into the
same library the used tapes.
Advise in that case, maybe a dedicated scratch pool is useful to not mix
them.