Thanks for the answer

Best

Silvio

Am 08.11.23 um 10:49 schrieb Bruno Friedmann (bruno-at-bareos):
python3-ldap will be part of bareos 23
you can already test it with the experimental repository (better to go with EL9 due to pyhton3 version being more recent)

On Wednesday, 8 November 2023 at 08:11:35 UTC+1 Silvio Schloeffel wrote:

    Hi,

    our CentOS7 based backup server now comes to is EOL (hardware) and we
    plan to migrate everything to a EL8/EL9 based system because of the
    near
    EOL of CentOS7.
    We have a small EL8 system running for tests but we know that we can
    not
    backup our LDAP data with this system because of the python2 ldap
    dependencies.

    After looking into the repos i can see that you have the same module in
    the EL9 repo but this make no sense for me. In EL8 you can install a
    python2 but in EL9 you have no python2 anymore.

    So I have 2 questions:
    1. Is a python3-ldap module coming in the next time?
    2. How can you build a rpm with it's dependencies then nothing
    exists to
    resolve these dependencies?

    -> The problem in our case is not only the backup (i think) , after the
    migration we can also not recover the saved ldap data from the old
    system.

    Best

    Silvio

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bareos-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bareos-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:bareos-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bareos-users/e405be28-6322-4e1e-9bbe-27d867ef9fa7n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bareos-users/e405be28-6322-4e1e-9bbe-27d867ef9fa7n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

--
Silvio Schloeffel | CIO
silvio.schloef...@musicdna.com

the evolution of music continues

MusicDNA GmbH
Schwanitzstrasse 6,
98693 Ilmenau, Germany
Phone: +49 3677 2094 840 | Fax: +49 322 298 222 00

Steuer-NR.: DE 156/114/04317

Handelsregisterzeichen: HRB Jena 517208,
Geschäftsführer: Sebastian Schmidt
www.musicdna.com