Hi Community,

I have configured the bareos-fd-postgresql plugin on my client machine
(which running the db) and created a FileSet configuration on Dir machine
to run the DB backups.

below is the FileSet config

FileSet {
    Name = "Postgres"
    Include  {
        Options {
            Compression = LZ4
            Signature = XXH128
        }
        Plugin = "python3"
                 ":module_name=bareos-fd-postgres"
                 ":postgresDataDir=/var/lib/postgresql/11/main"
                 ":walArchive=/var/lib/pgsql/wal_archive/"
             ":ignoreSubdirs=pg_wal,pg_log,pg_xlog"
                 ":dbHost=/run/postgresql/"
             ":dbuser=username"
             ":dbname=dbname"
    }
}

but i am getting the below error when running the job

client-fd JobId 18: Fatal error: python3-fd-mod: Could not connect to
database dbname, user username , host: /run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432:
server requesting MD5 password authentication, but no password was provided

i have modified the pg_hba.conf file in client machine to user peer auth as
well, and getting the same error

Can't we hard code the db password in FileSet conf ? or any suggestion to
fix this ?

Thanks,
Sathis Anarudhan