Am 07.12.23 um 13:08 schrieb 'Worhacz, Orest' via bareos-users:
Hi,

I am planning on upgrading Bareos from 22 to 23 release. And I've read
the Breaking changes.
Thank you for that :)

And I have two problematic clients that for now has no way to upgrade
and they run Bareos 16.2.4.
If you would elaborate a bit on that, maybe there is a way to actually run a newer version.
But it is not clear to me. If I set TLS Enabled = yes and TLS Required =
no on the Director.
And then TLS Enabled = no and TLS Required = no on those clients.

In the client configuration on the director you simply add "TLS Require = no" for that specific client.

Will I be able to connect to them using plain (no encryption) but still
keep TLS for other clients?
Yes. The per-client option will only affect the client it is set in.

Encryption is not a concern here. I am just asking about compatibility
after upgrade.
As you probably already found out, we try not to break filedaemon compatibility. However, we guarantee full backwards compatibility only with the previous two minor versions (i.e. Bareos 23 director/sd will be compatible to Bareos 23, 22 and 21 filedaemons). Nevertheless, currently all Bareos filedaemon versions ever released should at least work for most cases with a Bareos 23 director if you set "TLS Require = no" in the client resource on the director.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Rogge                             andreas.ro...@bareos.com
  Bareos GmbH & Co. KG                      Phone: +49 221-630693-86

  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
  Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
  Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, Jörg Steffens, Philipp Storz