Hi there,

I have been reading
https://docs.bareos.org/TasksAndConcepts/AlwaysIncrementalBackupScheme.html
which makes sense in the context of a disk backed pool, but I am curious
how this might be implemented alongside
https://docs.bareos.org/TasksAndConcepts/UsingTapeDrivesWithoutAutochanger.html#daily-tape-rotation

in a weekly context.

I would like to trigger jobs entirely manually, as I only have one drive
and it is used by other software too (Proxmox Backup Server [PBS] for my
Proxmox hosts)

I would like to have two pools which consist of one or more LTO tape
volumes. We'll call these RotationA and RotationB. I also would like a
third pool which is a disk backed pool.

I'd like to take a full backup of each of my machines, and then forever
after do incremental backups of these machines which will be stored on the
disk backed pool for the 2nd copy in a 3-2-1 backup scheme.

After these incremental backups to the disk backed pool, for the 3rd copy
in a 3-2-1 backup scheme, I would like to append the incrementals to the
RotationA or RotationB tape backed pools. I'll treat these pools as weekly
pools, where one of the two pools is always offsite. Every week, I swap
which pool is offsite and then append any incremental backups which are
missing to the pool I have onsite.

I have already implemented this exact setup with PBS, however PBS does not
seem suitable for backing up Windows and Linux hosts in addition to Proxmox
hosts, hence the desire to use Bareos.

Thanks,

Alex