Doesn’t work,

During the consolidation of a full, you have to read back from teh full pool
and write to the full pool.  So you always need to have 2 working devices, one
to read, one to write to the AI-Consolidate pool.

That’s why in my setup tape is really a pool to ‘migrate to make space’  so I
can read back from it (Bareos often correctly switches to read from that pool).
 But the AI-Consolidate pool is on disk and where all the shuffling happens.

There is no way to do AI without two devices, and enough disk to at least
create one full backup for whatever you are backing up.

Brock Palen
bro...@mlds-networks.com
www.mlds-networks.com
Websites, Linux, Hosting, Joomla, Consulting