Dear all,

I'm wondering which keys are favored these days for the Bach "lute" works, and
which
editions are commonly used.
I played around with PFA in F, D and  Eb the last two days and I think Eb is
still the
most reasonable key, although the Praeludium (and only the Praeludium...) is a
piece
of cake in D. Am I right in assuming that in Eb the sixth course is also
lowered to Ab?
(I seem to remember a historic example for this, but what is it?)
995 is very nice in Am, and 996 seems to be a nightmare in any other key than
Gm (I
haven't tried Fm yet, but it certainly looks horrible:
http://www.utorpheus.com/misc/pagine_musica/sds004.pdf).
I would very much appreciate your views and thoughts.

Regards,

Stephan