Thanks for the kind comments, Stephen. I thought you were being sarcastic at
first!

I guess I'm just lucky in getting a recording set up which works for me. It
worked on my old Dell PC and on my Sony Vaio. Sorry it doesn't work for
everyone.

I couldn't buy the Nero wave Editor independent of the other things, but I
have a use for some of them. But the wave editor is nothing special, very
basic in fact. I'm sure there are freebies out there just as useful.

Likewise the strings. I have to admit I'm really not one who spends much
time working these things out. But when I do get new strings, I spend a LONG
time just playing single notes in different positions, with a subtle, almost
not there, vibrato. I also play chromatic scales quite slowly on all the
fretted positions on all the strings, massaging the soundboard into life.
The things is not to pluck the string, but to coax the sound out. Each
instrument works differently, so you have to find the sweet spot with each
one. I find the different string materials work differently, but eventually
the instrument yeilds its secrets no matter gut or nylon.

Well, that's the way I see it. YMMV.

Rob