Rob
Yes I knew I would receive this message. That is why I have never mentioned it before; but I was careful to say it has nothing to do with strength, but everything to do with suppleness, and control. It seems to make the joints more flexible. I have naturally very unsupple fingers, which I find hard to bend back. Again it may depend on each person's hand structure. I notice that it is used by marksmen to control their trigger finger, surely not for additional strength but for control (slow controlled movement).there is also this curious change to the end of the fingers after using it.

I have hesitated between using it and not using it, but finally always seem to find an improvement after using it for a short time. Apart from anything else, it certainly seemed to have cured the inflamed index finger.

I also said that it does not replace any of the lute exercises, scales or whatever, and most younger players, probably do not need it.