David,

Thanks for your interest in my recording.

1) The interlude is really just a simplified reduction of the harmonic ground
of the first couplet: a passacaglia bass.  It was purely my decision to add
this intro (it's just descending single notes A-G-F-E) and to run the minuet
and chaconne together.  I can't really justify it for any reason other than it
sounded cool to me, but conjecture that it may have been the sort of thing a
17th century musician might have thought was cool, too.

There are also some obvious errors in the tab, which I corrected.  There is a
note in the manuscript at the end of chaconne saying to repeat the first
couplet after every other couplet but I sometimes repeated after two couplets
or so.  Again, totally my call.  I tried to do things according to what the
sources state and what seemed most dramatically satisfying to me.

2) I second Mathias's recommendation of Stefan Lundgren's book.

Chris

Christopher Wilke
Lutenist, Guitarist and Composer
www.christopherwilke.com