On Dec 1, 2011, at 8:30 AM, Martyn Hodgson wrote:

>  We've already discussed this: the range of these songs is well within
>   that of the generality of sopranos and tenors  (see David Hill's recent
>   paper which also discusses this matter) so there is really no need to
>   transpose except, of course, for unexpected (at the time) voices in
>   this repertoire

I don't "we've already discussed this."   If someone told me that transposition
is unnecessary because only altos (including women), baritones and basses would
need it, I would have remembered it.  It makes a strong impression.

Is this where Graham Chapman comes on in his colonel's uniform and stops the
discussion because it's too silly?