Dear Friends,

   For anyone who may be interested, I have added a couple of pieces to my
   incipient collection of O'Neill's "Music of Ireland" arranged for the
   baroque lute. They are numbers 0269 ("Burn's Farewell") and 0278 ("O
   Arranmore Loved Arranmore"). Unpolished recordings can be found on my
   Ning member page ([1]http://lutegroup.ning.com/profile/StephenArndt). I
   would like to add that my mother passed away yesterday. Sadly, she went
   through a period of agitation, apparently hallucinating that she was in
   danger, for several hours before she died. Not knowing what to do to
   calm her down or comfort her, I went into my office at the other end of
   a short hallway from her bedroom and played on the recorder a few airs
   from O'Neill's "Music of Ireland." That music seemed to soothe her
   fears and allowed her to rest peacefully. She died shortly thereafter.
   I would like to post these pieces in loving memory of her.

   Best regards,

   Stephen Arndt