Dear baroque lutenists (and cc to the main Lute list, because the
   baroque list is so silent nowadays...)
   As we all know, very many pieces by Lully were transcribed to lutes and
   theorbo all around the lute playing Europe in "those days". I happened
   to meet - once again - one in the Austrian ms. A-Wn ms. 17706, a
   transcription of a Rondeau in Lully's "Persee" (Perseus), Acte IV,
   Scene VI (LWV 60/73).
   You can see the Viennese tabulature here:

   [1]http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/mus/11_courseLute/LullyRondoPersee
   Tab.jpg
   And the Lully original is here:

   [2]http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/mus/11_courseLute/LullyRondoPersee
   .jpg
   And my modest try to play the piece is here
      [3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RLDPykxpIE&feature=youtu.be
   and also here
      [4]http://vimeo.com/66412320
   I kind of corrected(?) a couple of tiny things in the beginning of the
   C section. Thrusting Lully more than the lute ms. Did I make a sin? ;-)
   But my main question concerns the form of the piece: there are 3
   sections in that piece:
     A (8 bars), B (10 bars) and C (8 bars).
   The ms. just gives the form ABC. The original  Persee version seems to
   have the form ABACA.  And I just happened to like to play it as
   AABACCAA. Why? Well that just sounded right? Did I brake some rules? Am
   I a sinner in doing so? ;-)
   Best,
   Arto