From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf
Of b...@symbol4.de
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 1:32 AM
To: b...@symbol4.de
Cc: Edgar Aichinger; baroque-lute
Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: duos with alto recorder /correction

   sorry, the original of the 1686 book is here:
   http://www.gerbode.net/facsimiles/de_visee/livre_de_guitarre_v2_1686/

   Gesendet: Montag, 23. Juni 2014 um 10:20 Uhr
   Von: "b...@symbol4.de" <b...@symbol4.de>
   An: "Edgar Aichinger" <edgar.aichin...@aon.at>, baroque-lute
   <baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Betreff: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: duos with alto recorder
   Vielen Dank, Edgar!
   Das sieht gut aus!
   The original Visee can be found here:
   [1]http://culture.besancon.fr/ark:/48565/a011290090127TYORuz/1/1
   Gruesse aus Bruessel
   Bernd
   Gesendet: Montag, 23. Juni 2014 um 09:58 Uhr
   Von: "Edgar Aichinger" <edgar.aichin...@aon.at>
   An: BAROQUE-LUTE <baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Hi Rockford and list,
   thanks for your reply, I've uploaded the DeVisee Suite B.C.
   intabulation now, see
   [1][2]http://de.scribd.com/doc/230913262/Robert-De-Visee-Suite-in-D-min
   or-
   1686?in_collection486500
   Greetings, Edgar
   Am Sonntag, 22. Juni 2014, 08:57:15 schrieb Rockford Mjos:
   > I think these would be very useful and it shouldn't be at all hard to
   locate the missing melody parts.

   > The Corelli is a little problematic for recorder in the original key
   (I have an alto recorder version transposed to Gm in my files), but the
   Sarabanda and Giga would only require a few notes to be transposed up
   an octave.

   > Thanks for reminding us for these.
   >
   > -- R
   >

   > On Jun 22, 2014, at 7:22 AM, Edgar Aichinger <edgar.aichin...@aon.at>
   wrote:

   > > Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2014, 08:58:23 schrieb Ken Brodkey:
   > >> Hi Everyone,
   > >>
   > >> A friend's friend will be visiting next month and she's an
   excellent
   > >> alto recorder player. I'm trying to find some music for us to play
   > >> together. Can anyone be so kind to send me some pdf's for baroque
   lute
   > >> and alto recorder? What about flute? Can the recorder play most
   baroque
   > >> flute music or is the range of the flute to broad?
   > >>
   > >> Thanks, in advance, for all your help.
   > >>
   > >> Ken Brodkey
   > >
   > > About three weeks ago I posted a link to my scribd site where I
   occasionally upload my own amateur intabulations/transcriptions of lute
   and guitar music, the latest addition being Sonata No. VII in d-minor
   from op.5 by Corelli, a 1:1 intabulation of a B.C. realisation for
   classical guitar. For that same reason it lacks low basses, and the
   melody part (for violin) is missing too, but can be found on IMSLP. See
   my other post from 2nd June for a link. I'm not sure anymore but I
   think I've played it with my girlfriend on alto recorder and in general
   it worked for her, and the Continuo may be "guitar-style" but isnice
   and not hard to play on lute, IMHO. I just wonder why noone reacted to
   my previous mail... my efforts may be dilettantic but are they that
   bad? :)

   > > Apart from that I've done tabs for the B.C. of a few other single
   movements by different Composers, all 4 movements from Haendel Sonata
   op. 1/5 in a-minor (I still have printouts of that, which I could scan,
   but lost the Cripps tab source due to a disk crash), and De Visee
   (Suite d-minor from the melody/B.C. version starting at p. 45 in the
   1686 book). If you're interested in these, mail me privately and I'll
   see how to pass them on to you, if needed I can scan the melody parts.