Magnificent playing, Chris, of a fine piece. I went back to the
   beginning after the end, to hear the "modern" technique, and it was
   quite a difference. I think you play the whole piece brilliantly.
   Looking at Falckenhagen's portrait, his thumb doesn't seem to be so far
   in front of his fingers, indeed it almost looks as if it is behind his
   index, but as it is so outstretched it is hard to say how out in front
   it would be when closer to the fingers. His whole hand, though, is
   definitely nearer the bridge than modern playing. I've found that gut
   strings necessitate this positioning. What kind of strings did you use?
   Rob MacKillop

   On 17 March 2015 at 00:47, Christopher Wilke