Well, I can add a few informations
There are no production problems it shelf. I had an extruder broken so I was
obliged to wait the time to fix it. After that I finished the raw material. I
received it a week ago.
They has more amplitude in the vibration whose problem is mostly because one
should compensate the lack of tension when the strings are under tension. In
practice they became thinner that any wound strings. In short, if the
equivalent gut by calculation is 145 I raccomand  to install a 150 instead. So
under tension the final gauge will be the suitable one.
Yes, there is no problem to switch to a more stiffer plastic blend. The problem
is that we lost a bit of brightness. Is it a good idea ? I do not know, people
has  the wound strings sound in comparation.
Take care
Mimmo Peruffo