Interesting Ernst !
Two (very small) remarks nonetheless : there is no point calling Merville
"Nicolo" (or is it a typo ?) as he was a Parisian born and such a typical
French lutenist, especially as you call him properly "Nicolas" a little further
down in your text.
The second point is about the transmission of the French repertoire to England
: as you noticed Reymes was a student of Mésangeau at first, and as Mésangeau
more or less let him down, he turned to Merville and was very satisified with
his teaching. Do not forget that Cherbury was in Paris too from 1619 to 1621,
at a timme when Merville and Mésangeau and dozens more were active in Paris as
lute players. Remember too that John Evelyn, the diarist, says that he took
lessons in Paris from Mercure (Jean, so-called "John" after his long saty in
England) in 1647.
Old Gaultier and Mésangeau visited the English court in the 1630s and played
for the monarchs, queen Henriette-Marie being French, a sister of Louis XIII.
All this points to an intricate network of influences and contacts between
French and English musicians until the Commonwealth took over, and the English
court found refuge at the French court until the Restoration in 1660 or about.
It is very logical to find a Chaconne / Sarabande like this in an Engllish
source like Egerton 2046, also known as Jane Pickeringe Lute Book.

This repertoire and period really deserves more attention. I have a recording
project under way of some of the lesser known repertoire...

Well done and all my best wishes Ernst,

Jean-Marie