Thanks, Luca.
   There is nothing "authentic" about a single-strung 11c lute, I am the
   first to admit. The truth is, the older I get the harder it becomes to
   swap between instruments. These days I mainly play guitar and theorbo
   (single strung) and to suddenly pick up an 11 or 13 c lute is more of a
   challenge than it used to be. So, I decided to make life a little
   easier for myself. I'm sure this will upset some people, but all I want
   to do is play beautiful music as best I can.
   So, I hope people can just listen without making judgments over how
   inauthentic I am being. I've been down the - shall we say - purist
   road, and I love it when other people do that, as we all learn
   something from it. I am still an "historically-informed performer",
   though, and do my best to play with some sense of period style.
   I hope people are open enough to just listen to the beautiful music.
   And for what it's worth, I think the lute sounds beautiful too :-)
   Rob MacKillop

   On 18 October 2017 at 09:01, Luca Manassero <[1]l...@manassero.net>