Hi,

I am trying to test the performance of Base2 (2.4.3) installation on
our server. It is an 8-processor machine so we thought about running
several job agents on it to speed up the plugin execution.

I started and configured 5 of them, following instructions from
documentation. All are using the same default Base JobAgent account,
the same database user (the same as Base installation) and have access
to the same userfiles folder. They have different ports and external
IDs of course. To test it I used plugins importing genepix raw data to
RawBioAssays.

Everything seemed fine as far as it was one import at a time. When I
started 5 threads logging in as 5 different users and submitting an
import job I noticed that job agents work in sequence, not in parallel
as I expected. One waits until another finishes executing its job. I
started 2 jobs for 2 different users at the same time using web user
interface with the same effect.

Where is the bottle neck that stops simultaneous plugin execution? Is
it on the database level where one transactions blocks another until
it is finished? Or maybe, job agents are not supposed to work on the
same machine with Base2 installation?

Thanks in advance for any clues,
Pawel