Thanks! I'll check it out!

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Tony Travis
Sent:   Tue 12/11/2007 4:53 AM
To:     BASE dev
Cc:     Ted Liefeld
Subject:        Re: [basedb-devel] Open Source utils for sharing array results
McMurry, Andrew J. wrote:
> Greetings:
> I'm tasked with creating extractor APIs for array results
> (CGH/Expression/SNP) in a MIAME compliant format (likely MINIML). I
> figure it is better to use open source tools available rather than build
> from scratch. All the work we do is  open source.
>
> We are writing a tool that simply points at a folder and reads each
> MIAME compliant CGH/SNP/or Expression arrays and inserts it into a local
> database so we can query for individual results and do correlation
> studies. I'm guessing this sounds familiar already. How hard would it be
> for me to simply use Base2 as a library to grab a list of results and
> load it into a local db? Since the array results have ALREADY been
> generated, we dont need a full blown LIMS system as nice as the one
> offered by base2.

Hello, Andrew.

I'm part of an EU-funded project NuGO and we use base2. We also use
genePattern from the Broad Institute. We've just been talking to Ted
Liefeld about querying base2 instances from GenePattern in a similar
way. It might be worth having a chat with him about what you are
planning, so we don't duplicate our efforts?

Best wishes,

        Ton y.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt

<<winmail.dat>>