Hello all,

Currently BASE has an integration to MeV analysis package, which I
believe is something that was a custom job by you (ie. it is a modified
version of MeV etc.)? We would be interested in implementing a similar
integration into our analysis package Chipster (http://chipster.csc.fi).

I have gone through the way MeV is integrated into BASE, and the same
approach would work well with Chipster also (and would not need a
modified version of the analysis software as with MeV). As adding
different analysis packages one by one is a bit of a burden, I would
like to suggest that BASE could be modified to allow system manager to
configure different Java Web Start based analysis tools to be used.
After all, there are quite a few packages out there using Web Start. Of
course not only Web Start is required, but the package should also be
capable of accepting URL's as arguments and fetch the datafiles pointed
by them.

Would you consider this as a feasible new feature to implement? We would
be willing to contribute this kind of integration, with some help from
you core developers!

All the best,
Aleksi