Hi Nicklas,

I'll double check but I think we're sharing one DbControl across the whole
webapp, so that will be the first place to look.

Thanks for the hint.  Will post back when I have a solution.

cheers,
Bob.

Nicklas Nordborg writes:
 > Bob MacCallum wrote:
 > > Quick follow up to:
 > > http://www.mail-archive.com/basedb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00316.html
 > >
 > > The problem seems to be triggered by concurrent access to our BASE-based
 > > web
 > > application (for example, me and googlebot).
 > >
 > > That doesn't bring me any closer to understanding what exactly is going on,
 > > but I thought I would share.
 > >
 > > I wonder if similar stacktraces occur on a busy multi-user BASE server?
 > >

 > Are you sharing objects (eg. an ItemQuery, DbControl, etc.) between
 > different threads? I think the problem can be caused by multiple threads
 > that are accessing the same non-threadsafe object at the same time.
 >
 > /Nicklas

Bob MacCallum | VectorBase Developer | Kafatos/Christophides Groups |
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology | Imperial College London |
Phone +442075941945 | Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]