Subject: [basedb-devel] BASE 3.3-beta-1 has been released
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 09:52:30 +0200
From: Nicklas Nordborg <nicklas.nordb...@med.lu.se>
To: BASE ML <basedb-us...@lists.sourceforge.net>, BASE dev
<basedb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>,
<basedb-annou...@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hello all,

We have released BASE 3.3-beta-1 today! It is a new major
release that includes several new features and enhancements.

     * We now require Java 7 and Tomcat 7 on the server. If you
       are still using older versions, they should be upgraded
       before upgrading BASE.

     * The web interface has been reworked behind the scenes. Some
       (very old) browser may no longer work. It should be safe with
       IE 10 or a recent Firefox version.

     * The security in the web interface has been tightened in order
       to prevent cross-site scripting attacks. This can affect
       extensions. See the documentation for more information.

For a complete list of changes, see:
http://base.thep.lu.se/query?milestone=BASE+3.3&group=type

Installation/upgrade instructions:
http://base.thep.lu.se/chrome/site/3.3-beta/html/admin/installation.html

As usual, the program can be downloaded from:
http://base.thep.lu.se/wiki/DownloadPage

/Nicklas